Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quality Center with QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Hi,
I have a basic question regarding QC and QTP.
When I store a QTP script which has an attached recovery scenario in QC and run it from QC on my local host, it works fine and the recovery scenario on my local machine gets invoked.
My question is, if I change the host to some other machine, how do I make sure the recovery scenario is invoked?
My guess is I would need to copy the .qrs to the other machine at exactly the same directory structure.

please confirm.
thanks.
Are you dynamically loading the recovery scenario ?

Why dont you associate it to the test and it will invoke irrespective of your machine.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
I do associate it with the test using File->Settings->Recovery.
But when the test runs from QC on my local machine, in the report it shows that a recovery scenario was invoked and the path it gives is my local machine path 'C:\ ....'. So I was not sure if it would work on a different machine.
I did try to run it on a different host. And as I suspected i got a warning:
Scenario: LoginLoadError
Defined in: C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\Tests\RecoveryScenario\LoginLoadError.qrs
Loading failed with error: ( 80030003 )

This is the very first thing the test does. It has the scenario attached in settings so it tries to load it up.

Any ideas on what needs to be done?

appreciate your help. thanks
Yes, if you have your recovery scenarios loaded in the local machine then it will not work in all. Try this,

1. Create a Folder on QualityCenter and store all of your recovery scenarios there.
2. Associate the recovery scenario to the File->Settings-> and choose the recovery scenario stored in QC.So your path should be \\Qualitycenter\....

This way you dont have to go through the hassle of creating the structure and copying the files into machines. But let me also tell you, The more Recovery scenarios you associate for a test from QC the slower the execution will be, reason being QTP will ping QC server back and forth which is a lag on the network.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
that worked beautifully! thanks a lot! also, it took the same amount of time to invoke the recov scenario from both QC and local machine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attaching QTP result to Quality Center vikas_dhir 5 19,798 01-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Swetha_Bayya
  How to run VBScript file from quality center sree.85 0 2,431 10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: sree.85
  Demo version of Qaulity Center Shri 1 3,288 09-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Last Post: SIBICA
  Import Excel data from Quality Center into QTP Script smilefouru 6 22,249 04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  QTP Quality Center Version Control vijayendra.shukla 2 6,762 12-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Last Post: tirru